Are you curious to know what is pooled quota wait list? You have come to the right place as I am going to tell you everything about pooled quota wait list in a very simple explanation. Without further discussion let’s begin to know what is pooled quota wait list?
Traveling by train in India can be an exciting and efficient way to explore the diverse landscapes and culture of the country. However, booking train tickets can be a complex process, especially during peak seasons or for popular routes. To accommodate the high demand and provide a fair chance to travelers, the Indian Railways introduced the Pooled Quota Wait List (PQWL) system. In this blog, we will delve into what PQWL is, how it works, and what travelers need to know about this unique reservation system.
What Is Pooled Quota Wait List?
Pooled Quota Wait List, abbreviated as PQWL, is a special category of waitlisted tickets in the Indian Railways reservation system. It is primarily introduced to cater to passengers traveling between intermediate stations on a route where the originating and terminating stations do not have enough quota to meet the demand. The PQWL allows travelers to book tickets for these intermediate stations and join the waitlist, hoping for confirmation.
Key Features Of PQWL:
- Intermediate Stations: PQWL is relevant for passengers traveling between intermediate stations on a route. These stations are not the originating or terminating points of the train’s journey.
- Separate Quota: The seats or berths in the PQWL category are part of a separate quota allocated to intermediate stations. This quota is distinct from the general and remote location quotas.
- Limited Availability: The number of seats or berths available in the PQWL quota is limited and varies depending on the train and route. Once this quota is exhausted, further booking requests are placed on the waitlist.
- Confirmation Priority: PQWL tickets have a lower priority for confirmation compared to GNWL (General Waitlist) and RLWL (Remote Location Waitlist) tickets. However, they have a higher priority than RLWL tickets.
- Multiple PQWLs: A single train may have multiple PQWLs, each catering to different sets of intermediate stations.
How PQWL Works:
- Booking: Passengers can book tickets for intermediate stations that fall under the PQWL quota. If the initial booking status shows PQWL, it means the passenger is on the Pooled Quota Wait List.
- Confirmation: The chances of confirmation for PQWL tickets depend on factors like the demand for the route, cancellations, and seat availability. If enough cancellations occur on that route, some PQWL tickets may move up and get confirmed.
- Upgradation: In some cases, passengers with PQWL tickets may get upgraded to a higher class if the availability exists in that class.
- Cancellation: Passengers on the PQWL are encouraged to monitor the status of their tickets regularly. If they no longer plan to travel, canceling the ticket helps free up space for others on the waitlist.
- Alternative Routes: If the PQWL status is not looking promising for confirmation, passengers may consider alternative routes or trains with better availability.
The Pooled Quota Wait List (PQWL) is a unique reservation system introduced by Indian Railways to address the demand for travel between intermediate stations. It aims to provide a fair chance for passengers traveling on these routes to secure a reservation, even if the originating and terminating stations do not have sufficient quotas. While the confirmation of PQWL tickets can be challenging, monitoring the status and considering alternatives can improve the chances of a successful journey. For travelers exploring the vast Indian Railways network, understanding PQWL is a valuable asset in navigating the complexities of train ticket booking.
Does PQWL Get Confirmed?
PQWL tickets are distributed once the Pooled Quota tickets have sold out. Confirmation of PQWL tickets is unlikely because they are lower on the priority list than even the GNWL tickets. However, the probability of confirmation of your individual ticket may be different from what is expected.
Can I Travel If My Ticket Is PQWL?
No you can’t travel PQWL is pooled quota waiting list and it never confirmed even you reach after the destination. Moreover, online ticket automatically be cancelled in case waiting not confirmed. No. Passengers with waitlisted eTicket are not allowed to board the train.
What Is Pooled Quota Confirmed?
The Pooled Quota is allotted to passengers either travelling from the originating station to a station short of the terminating station, or from an intermediate station to the terminating station, or between two intermediate stations. There is, however, only one pooled quota for the entire train run.
What Is Difference Between Wl And PQWL?
GNWL General Waiting List waitlisted tickets are issued to the passenger who begins his/her journey from the originating station of a route or stations closer to the originating station. PQWL Pooled Quota Waiting List is shared by several small stations of a train route.
I Have Covered All The Following Queries And Topics In The Above Article
Pooled Quota Wait List Chances Of Confirmation
What Is Pooled Quota Wait List Train
What Is Pooled Quota Wait List PQWL
What Is Pooled Quota Wait List In Hindi
What Is Pooled Quota Confirmed Ticket
PQWL/40 Confirmation Chances
PQWL 7 Confirmation Chances
PQWL 3 Confirmation Chances
What Is Pooled Quota Wait List
What is a pooled quota waiting list (pqwl)?